Wednesday 4 March 2009

cigarette and incense



I like incense.

It is my favorite incense shop in Kyoto, Japan.

http://www2.lisn.co.jp/incenselife.htm

They have hundres kinds of incense and still making new smells.

Their incenses really fit japanse contemporary life style.

They don't have too much smell neither smoke.

In Japan, we have tradition to put incense when we pray for someone whom we have lost, like in western style they put candles, I think. In the case of incense, it has more smell and it burns slowly.

We also sometimes smoke cigarette. I think it is similer to put incense.

Maybe we are praying for something when we smoke.

Maybe we want to burn something, some memories, our dreams or our guilt with smoke, instead of we are going on cancer of lungs.

Maybe not.

Maybe just in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment